Anyone wishing to participate in the AHRMA roadracing events at the 2017 Barber Vintage Festival must meet all of the following requirements. For additional information regarding class and event details, check the AHRMA website.
- You must be an AHRMA member – no exceptions. There are no weekend memberships.
- All racers at Barber must participate in either the Thursday or Friday AHRMA practice day as there will be no raceday practice either Saturday or Sunday.
- You must participate in at least two AHRMA roadraces between September 2016 and September 2017 and must log a minimum of 12 transponder-scored laps (up to six of which can be practice laps) during the two events. In those 12 laps, all riders are required to complete one full race, accepting the race-finishing flag, be it checkered or red.
The following are the only exceptions to this requirement:
- International racers must submit proof of participation in at least three 2017 roadraces in the country of their license.
- 2016 AHRMA National or Regional Roadrace Champions are exempted from the requirement of participating in two races between September 2016 and September 2017 as detailed above.
- Professional US racers who submit 2017 results and agree to participate in both AHRMA practice days to become familiar with AHRMA-specific procedures.
- In extremely rare instances, certain well-known professional national or international championship riders with a high-level of public recognition will be allowed to compete without meeting the above-noted requirements.
The final decision in these exemptions will rest with the AHRMA Executive Committee. Riders wishing to request an exemption must submit a request along with supporting documentation to the AHRMA Executive Director no later than 14 days prior to the Barber pre-entry deadline.